Thursday, March 3, 2011

For this assignment I could not choose only one quote. The following quotes are so powerful and outline the themes of my life: perseverance and optimism.

 
Mary Pickford
"If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down. "
~ Mary Pickford



 
 
 
 
 
spacer gif
 
"Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will."
~ Dr. Robert Anthony
 
 
The first quote by Mary Pickford illustrates perseverance. It is one of my favorites because it encourages you to keep pushing on even if you have already made mistakes. My favorite part is the end when she says, "...for this thing we call 'failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down." I love that part because it lets people know that simply not succeeding isn't failure. You do not fail until you give up.
 
Dr. Robert Anthony's quote depicts optimism. I love being optimistic and searching for the good in everything. Anthony's quote describes this optimistic outlook because it encourages people to stop stressing over the millions of reason why something won't work out and to focus on the one perfect reason for why it will. It remind me of a quote by Thomas Edison that went along the lines of, "I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to not make a light bulb."
 
To tie these quotes together I would say this: True success comes from innumerable attempts, a positive attitude, and perseverance.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, great quotes-both new to me. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Has anyone every commented that you resemble Mary Pickford?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, haha. I actually put her picture on here because I saw it while reading about her and thought she was beautiful, so thank you!

    ReplyDelete