Monday, February 7, 2011

Project Ideas:


I am still choosing childhood obesity as my topic and my essential question has not changed.
Everyday I work at my mentorship I am overwhelmed by the childhood obesity epidemic. Lately I have noticed that when a child is overweight, 99% of the time the parent is also. This intrigued me, and I'm focusing on making connections like that in my project and presentation.
My project will be two-fold. As my presentation tool, I will most likely put togther a website with easy access to all the information I uncover. I have already found several sources which will come in handy in my preparation.
The second part will be out in the community. Using the information I find, I will conduct an informative class on preventing and ending childhood obesity. The class will teach parents and children simple and healthy ways to prevent obesity. I'm planning to advertise the class mainly among elementry schools and the pediatric office where I mentor.
I am really looking forward to completing this project not only because it is interesting to me, but so that I might prevent children from the dangers of this disease.
That is my detailed plan thus far but I would love any advice or ideas on how to improve it!

No comments:

Post a Comment